Death Ball Lite

So we have finally reached critical mass on the amount of 2 versus 2 beach volleyball players required to restart our “death ball games” as in years past. Of course, I missed almost all of last year with two different operations on my knee, so to say that my game was a little out of tune would be more then generous.

We’ve been playing for about two weeks now and the games are slowly improving. This morning we squeezed in an eight game session between two squalls that threatened to drown all shore based life forms. On hand we had the Good Twin, the Evil Twin, Grouperstyle and myself. Super G was missing as he and Miss Julie have left the harbour and are heading to Long Island. 

The games were quite good and no one died, but as we are all getting older (I am the youngest at 42) we’ve decided that we are no longer playing death ball, but rather more like death ball lite.

Think of it as the difference between regular and light beer.

Anyhow, after the games and an obligatory post game beer (regular, not light), I raced home just ahead of another wave of squalls passing through the anchorage. 

Back at the mother ship, I jumped over board to remove all the sand particles that attached themselves during our games. As I was climbing up the swim ladder to re-board the ship, a crab living on the underside of our boat bit my toe. 

I'm taking this is a clear indication that it is time to scrape the two hulls of Dream Catcher.

On the weather front, a big cold front is pushing down past us today and so the weather is unsettled and brisk. The goat rapers at NOAA are saying we should see 25 to 30 knots of wind with gusts to 35 for the next 36 hours, but I guess we’ll see.

We are safely tucked away back in the Litter Box, anchored in 6 feet of water with about ten other boats. We’ll probably be holed up here for the next 2 days as it will be too windy to venture ashore. Fortunately, we have plenty of food, water and whiskey, so the crew should be fine.

The afternoon passed quietly and sure enough by 5 pm it was very windy and rainy. The wind was high enough I had to feather the wind generator to keep it from overheating. Last time I looked, it was putting 18 amps per hour back into the battery bank. Boo-ya!

Dinner was 4 pieces of Colonel Sanders style, deep fried, pressure cooker chicken served along side some King’s Hawaiian bread rolls. It was good and their were no leftovers.

Post dinner we watched “This is Where I Leave You”. It was funny, but not as good as the book.

To bed at 9 pm, more to follow, end of line ….

Comments (2) -

Soon you old bastards will be playing in walkers and wheel chairs. Ha. For the record 42 is not old!


your-sister/sister-in-law-the-old-one 2/25/2015 6:10:50 PM

you are old....and lame....even if I AM older

Comments are closed